[Note:- Writing ISIS or ISIL we mean the same]It was about 9am on 27th October 2019 EST, US President Donald Trump announced Al-Baghdadi's death.
And explained the triumph of the operation named Operation Kayla Mueller led by US military along with the Turkish, Iraqi and Syrian government's technical support. That raid was ON at the Baghdadi's hiding place & at the end the World's mastermind terrorist killed himself by detonating a suicide vest after he was chased by U.S. military dogs and was cornered inside a tunnel, the whole media was flooded with news. Some were analyzing, some were questioning over the operation and some were opening old blogs about that terrorist organization which almost became leaderless, landless and boneless.\r\n\r\nIt's the most common philosophy of the nature "one who crosses its limits nature will ruin it".In the ethical point of view let me pen "Nature never tolerates one who crosses all the boundaries to spread terror among the innocents", i.e. Every cruel has its final the end and so happened with ISIS.
It's also admittable, after that operation the activities of ISIS reached nearer to one-digit or zero.
The foundation of this lunates of doing inhumane activities was laid by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in 1999 with the name Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad which pledged allegiance to Al-Qaeda and participated in the Iraqi insurgency following the 2003 invasion of Iraq by Western forces at the behest of the United States.
Pre-learning about their heinous bloodshed by this group; Let us have an eye on the personality of their founder and a so called noble leader.
He (Abu Musab al-Zarqawi) was a Jordanian jihadist who ran a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan. He became known after going to Iraq and being responsible for a series of bombings, beheadings, and attacks during the Iraq War, reportedly turning an insurgency against US troops in Iraq into a Shia-Sunni civil war. He was sometimes known as "Sheikh of the slaughterers”. Zarqawi was thus usually described as having been a high school dropout and a petty criminal in his youth, including, allegedly, a procurer of prostitutes.
And now have the glimpse of the personality of their (ISIS’s) most powerful leader Al- Baghdadi, who would become directly involved in ISIL's atrocities and human rights violations. These include the genocide of Yazidis in Iraq, extensive sexual slavery, organized rape, floggings, and systematic executions. He directed terrorist activities and massacres. He embraced brutality as part of the organization's propaganda efforts, producing videos displaying sexual slavery and executions via hacking, stoning, and burning. Baghdadi himself was a rapist who kept several personal sex slaves.
As mentioned above it was founded with the name Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad but in due course of time in 2000s it was widely called as ISIL(ISLAMIC STATE OF IRAQ AND LEVANT) after capturing most part of the Iraq, Levant and other Neighbouring states, In late June 2014, the group renamed itself ad-Dawlah al-IslÄmiyah (lit. 'Islamic State' or IS), declaring itself a worldwide caliphate. And Baghdadi declared himself as Caliph mounting over a mosque’s minarets of his self-claimed and captured territory.
After this declaration the group tried to capture all its claimed territories and spread terrorism across the world. Below is their timeline after 2014 as mentioned in Wikipedia i.e. Jewish Museum of Belgium shooting(2014), November 2015 Paris attacks, 2017 Istanbul nightclub shooting. Read More.
But Baghdadi's declaring himself as Caliph was not accepted by Muslim scholars across the world and they criticised, ridiculed and released Fatwas stating him a fake caliph and he has no relationship with Islam as he along with his group were spreading terror , killing innocents and also interpreting Hadiths and Meaning of Qur'anic verses wrongly and according to their will so as to portray themselves real Muslim which is a Kufr (blasphemy) itself.
Also, In a speech in September 2014, United States President Barack Obama said that ISIL was neither "Islamic" (on the basis that no religion condones the killing of innocents) nor was it a "state" (in that no government recognises the group as a state), while many object to using the name "Islamic State" owing to the far-reaching religious and political claims to authority which that name implies.
Despite of that, many people started targeting Islam. “Islam promotes terrorism" became a common phrase to defame Islam. Every Muslim was taken as a terrorist, and seen in a suspicious eye. In every brutal & terrorizing scene Muslim portrayal became most in most of the movies. To shut the mouth up of the alligators and to discard all the allegations that were alleged on Islam, an open letter was given to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria as a theological refutation of the practices of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. It was signed by numerous Muslim theologians, lawmakers and community leaders across the world. Here below the summary of the letter and also the declaration that all the activities being done or doing then by ISIL and other terrorists group (those were tagged themselves as the spreader and real practiser of Islam) were non-Islamic and too Islam itself forbidden & condemned those :
- Islam forbids the issuing of fatwas without all the necessary learning requirements. One must consider the entire Qur’an and Hadith, when delivering them.
- It is forbidden in Islam to issue legal rulings about anything without mastery of the Arabic language.
- It is forbidden in Islam to oversimplify Shari’ah matters and ignore established Islamic sciences.
- It is permissible in Islam [for scholars] to differ on any matter, except those fundamentals of religion that all Muslims must know.
- It is forbidden in Islam to ignore the reality of contemporary times when deriving legal rulings.
- Islam forbids killing of the innocent, emissaries, ambassadors, and diplomats; hence it is forbidden to kill journalists and aid workers.
- Jihad in Islam is defensive war. It is not permissible without the right cause, the right purpose and without the right rules of conduct.
- It is forbidden in Islam to declare people non-Muslim unless he (or she) openly declares disbelief.
- It is forbidden in Islam to harm or mistreat—in any way—Christians or any ‘People of the Scripture’ unnecessary.
- The re-introduction of slavery is forbidden in Islam. It was abolished by universal consensus.
- It is forbidden in Islam to force people to convert.
- Islam forbids to deny women and children their rights.
- Enacting legal punishments without following the correct procedures that ensure justice and mercy.
- It is haraam(forbidden) to mutilate the dead and to torture.people.
- It is forbidden in Islam to attribute evil acts to Allah.
- Armed insurrection (Baaghi) is forbidden in Islam for any reason other than clear disbelief by the ruler and not allowing people to pray.
- It is forbidden in Islam to declare a caliphate without consensus from all Muslim.
- Loyalty to one’s country is permissible
Anyways after 2019's US operation, Operation Kayla Mueller, the captured areas were taken away from the group and it became leaderless and landless as mentioned in Wikipedia.
So, from the analytical point of view it should be cleared that “terrorism has no religion” and alleging any particular religion for any terrorizing and inhumane activities on the basis that “that particular person or groups (who is/ are spreading terror)claim themselves to be of that particular religion” is nothing more to spread hatred against that particular religion.
Md Mojahid Reza (student of IBED,FM autonomous college,Balasore)
Follow the writter on twitter